For non Vegan or Vegetarian option, simply add meat. I recommend using rotisserie chicken chunks or grilled chicken or other cooked meat. Reason? Simple: To save time and you don't have to handle raw meat :)
This quinoa is cooked like risotto, the dish will be semi wet, similar to how you pour curry soup over your rice. If you want it more wet, add 1/4 cup more coconut milk. If you want it dry, cook the quinoa with coconut milk. Personally, I think the coconut milk flavor is more apparent when it is cooked like this below.
Thai Curry Quinoa
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (warm is better)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (any kind. I personally like shitake)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup firm tofu - blocks
- 1/2 cup tomato chunks
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken (optional)
- a handful of cilantro - rough chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk - get the runny kind not thick
- Coconut oil spray
- Sea salt - to taste
- Lemon pepper - to taste
- Thai Curry spice blend powder - start with 2 tbs, add more if desired
- Spray the wok/pan with coconut oil and sauted the onion until they become somewhat translucent - high heat.
- Add in mushrooms, celery and zucchini. Toss until the mushroom looks almost cooked.
- Add in tofu, tomato and chicken, coconut milk, sea salt, Thai curry powder and lemon pepper - medium heat.
- Mix all ingredient for a minute then add the quinoa and cilantro.
- Stir in until the coconut milk is absorbed then turn the heat off.
- Garnish with chopped tomato and fresh cilantro/parsley.