Fit Pantry - a Fit Foodie's thoughts, tips and recipe

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 14 - Body Combat Training Day Two

DAY FOURTEEN

  • Breakfast: Berries
  • Workout: Body Combat Training (full day!)
  • Snacks: Berries + Sweet Potato + Banana
  • Lunch: Quinoa with Tofu, Mushroom, Cauli & Brussels Sprouts
  • Dinner: Berries Salad

Recap

Another grueling day at the training. Actually more so than the first day. We had to do Body Combat Challenge on top of practicing and presenting our tracks. I should have brought one more set of clothes... As for food, I brought plenty. I even remembered to bring Reset supplements. The snack choices were spot on - Sweet potato, banana and berries. I didn't crash, I had good energy level (muscles are sore and beat up but I wasn't slumping) and finished the day strong. I didn't even need coffee. I thought about it, looking at Audrey's Starbucks cup, but it was more of a need to spend some money on snack.... bad habit.

I finished the banana on the way home and wasn't feeling hungry until much later that evening. For dinner, I decided to load up on fiber and veggie protein. I never added uncooked tofu in my salad prior to this detox program, but I'm loving it now. The not so firm tofu adds creamy texture to the salad. A bit like ripe avocado. As for mushrooms, I still like it better cooked. At the least I would saute it first with a spray of coconut oil before tossing them into my greens. Same goes with broccoli and cauliflower. Although once in a while I would appreciate the "sharpness" of these veggie, nothing beats garlic saute cauli over salad. And of course, I am big on fruits and almonds. Texture in my food is important. I prefer having something to bite my teeth into or chew. If I want to drink my food, I called it juice not food.


Will I ever get tired of quinoa? Once done with the reset I'm going to go Indo crazy on it :P


That's not purple tofu. That's the beets doing. You might say too much sugar for dinner, I say, if you burned as much calories as I just did today you will be needing those sugar calories.


On to day 15...

No comments:

Post a Comment