Fit Pantry - a Fit Foodie's thoughts, tips and recipe

Sunday, May 19, 2013

21 Days of Habit Renovation with Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Going through the Ultimate Reset wasn't as hard as I thought. Once I got the gist of the program and with enough planning, it was easy. A little culinary tweak was all I did, not an overhaul of my pantry (view my shopping list » ). For the 3 weeks of the Reset, the fridge's drawers were actually stocked up with vegetables and fruits, as it should have been :)

I was satiated throughout the program, I wasn't cranky (when I got my workout in), I had lots of fun cooking vegan and be creative with quinoa. No problem with my energy level either, in fact I was able to workout almost as hard as my regular days with 2 or 3 workouts in a day at times. "Almost" because I had to leave out weight training. Part of the challenge I thought I would have when starting the program was going through 2 weekends in a row of fitness certification -- Insanity and Body Combat. Again, proper planning, enough food and nutrients got me through both weekends successfully. 

Some questioned about my decision to keep exercising during the Reset. It is true that according to the Ultimate Reset program, I'm not supposed to do any intense workout as the activity put more stress to the body and could inhibit the cleansing process. Do understand that I'm not saying the program is wrong or I don't believe in its science. I think if people can follow the program faithfully to the letter it's great for them and undoubtedly they would reap the full benefit of what it promised. However, knowing what my priorities are and what I need to do, I was not about to postpone my life for a diet program; unless my life was depending on it. I also know what my body can handle and the load of activity it is used to. So, knowing full well that I would bend the rules on this, I modified my exercise routine and compensated the calories intake for the calories burned. You know what? I felt great. In fact, the only time I felt really shitty and low in energy level was on the day I didn't get my workout.

Now then, you'd ask, how does it affect the result?

Regarding the invisible result or what's going on inside my body, I can only state that

I feel lighter, my pipes feel clean, I feel all around great! 

The visible result is reflected in my physical transformation. People could immediately see the difference even at the end of week one. Their words:

You looked trimmer; You lost weight; You looked more toned! Looking great! 

So there. As the result of completing the Ultimate Reset program, I lost 7+ pounds and 6+ inches in only 3 weeks (view my results »).

ultimate reset before after photo
[ View Results ]


21 days went by fast. This blog captures snapshots of my daily meals during the 3 weeks, the workouts I did, additional calories intakes, and a short recap of each day. Except for one or two, you will not see any of the food posted here in the Reset guidebook. Can't blame a cook for making her own meal, now can you? And trust me. The food I made were all healthy and tasty :)


Here's what I like about the Ultimate Reset: 

It is not a diet. It is actually a gradual lifestyle change. 

If you can understand the meal plan and learned it, you will have a take away. But if you just follow it blindly and only see it as a quick weight loss program, then you are missing out big time. 21-days has been proven over and over again as a good time frame to create or change a habit. I still make my meals like I did during week one of the program. Although I now eat out again with friends, I cut back on my snacking. I now become more picky in selecting fresh produce and processed food.

I also like how the program is broken down into 3 simple stages, gradually eases you in to cleaner and leaner diet. The guidebook is easy to follow and easy to read with nice pictures, easy recipes for people who don't know what to cook. It also gives suggestions on how to maintain or follow through with your life after the program.

My take away:

In retrospect, I will not change anything I did if I were to do it over again. I am really satisfied with the result. The way I did the detox, I don't feel inhibited in my daily routine as far as workout goes. It was a bit of a drag not being able to go out and have fun with friends though during that 3 weeks. I thought of ways to stay within the program while going out, such as where to dine and what to eat. Unfortunately, I figured that out AFTER I completed the Reset :P  I discovered cooking vegetarian or vegan meals can be fun and creative. New items now become staple in my pantry - healthy additions like Himalayan Salt, Sea Salt, Coconut Oil, and quinoa. Oh and sweet potato (red, yellow and, my favorite, purple yam).

Personal experience during this program has proven that flat abs is made in the kitchen. I ate really well during the Reset. Might even look too well for people to believe that I was in a "diet". However, the pounds were still dropping and I continued to lose stored fat. Eating the right type of food indeed makes a huge different to my body. One week after the Reset, my weight dropped 0.6 pounds and body fat another 0.4%; and that was while balancing eating out as usual and eating healthy at home.

Would I do this program again? Yes. Would I pay money to complete a diet program? The answer is yes. I experienced first hand that accountability matters. Having a diet-buddy keeps me socially accountable, and adding monetary value as a stake definitely motivate me to follow through the program to the end.

Now here's what I'd tell you to do if you want to be on the Ultimate Reset:

Once you've decided, your first action is to BUY THE PROGRAM. Shell out the cash, put the money where your intention is, and COMMIT. Why??...  I've told you why. It is about accountability, of increasing your chance completing the program and making sure you reap the maximum result (read my Musing Aloud About Dieting )

Second is to find a partner in crime and if possible, someone in your household. Of a friend. Be supportive to each other but be firm. 

And here's how you get the Beachbody Ultimate Reset program: 

Purchase the Ultimate Reset kit via this link, then contact me. I would give you additional support, suggestions and help keeping you accountable. The easiest way would be to find me on Facebook and send me a friend request. If you don't have Facebook, email me and we'll figure out some other method of communication. It's the e-age after all.


Ultimate Reset is a gentle cleansing program by Beachbody. The duration of the program is 21 days. You can read more information on this program here »

Beachbody is the creator of the nation's most popular fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, INSANITY®, Brazil Butt Lift®, Slim in 6®, Turbo Jam®, Hip Hop Abs®, Power 90®, Turbo Fire®, Les Mills Combat®, Les Mills Pump®, and Body Beast® among many others. Beachbody® programs combine challenging DVD-based workouts with easy-to-follow diet guidelines, nutritional supplements (including its breakthrough health shake called Shakeology®, (AKA "The Healthiest Meal of the Day®") and the clinically proven 21-day cleanse known as the Ultimate Reset®.

No comments:

Post a Comment