This is how I play with spices to create different dish using similar ingredients with very little effort. So no coconut milk, no tofu in this one and instead of Thai Curry we use Italian Herbs.
Italian Herbs QuionaServings: 2-3
Total Time: 35 min (less if you have the quinoa cooked and ready to use)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or 1/2 cup uncooked
- 2 tbs garlic - minced
- quarter of onion - chopped
- half zucchini - cubes
- 5 white mushrooms (I personally like Shitake better) - chopped
- handful of curly parsley - coarsely chopped, save some for garnish
- 1 stick celery - sliced
- 1 small roma tomato - small cubes
- 1 cup broccoli - small florets
- (optional) 1/2 cup cauliflower - small florets
- olive oil spray (or 1/2 tsp olive oil)
- himalayan salt - to taste
- lemon/black pepper - to taste
- Italian Herbs - to taste (start with 2 tbs)
- 1 breast Rotisserie Chicken - cut into cubes
- Cook the quinoa according to the instruction on the bag (unless you have some cooked ones stored and ready to use).
- While the quinoa simmering for 10-15 minutes saute the garlic and onion with olive oil until transparent then add in mushroom, celery, broccoli, cauliflower.
Note: Add about 2 tbs of water when the pan it hot and let the steam cooked the mushrooms & veggies faster.
- When the all is about halfway cooked, add salt, pepper and stir well. Also add in the Rotisserie Chicken for non vegan option.
- Add the cooked quinoa & Italian Herbs - lower the heat if the quinoa is freshly cooked; if the quinoa is cold or room temperature, leave the heat at medium high and stir all the ingredient longer.
- Taste it, add salt/pepper/herbs as desired.
- Serve and garnish with pieces of fresh parsley.