Fit Pantry - a Fit Foodie's thoughts, tips and recipe

Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 19 - TGI Last Friday of Ultimate Reset!!

DAY NINETEEN

  • Breakfast: Cinnapple Berry Quinoa (with kiwi)
  • Lunch: Lunch was Cilantro Garlic Quinoa with sides of Veggie Stir Fry
  • Snack: Green Juice
  • Workout: Teach Turbo Kick (1.5 hour) + 15 min Body Combat practice
  • Snack: Purple Yam
  • Dinner: Sprouted Organic Black Soybean tofu over bed of Spinach + Garlic Lemon dressing (homemade) & Black Beans

Recap

Friday! I decided to take a break from my friends TurboKray class considering I was supposed to "take it easy" with my workout. Plus my back was still bothering me a little so I took all the rest I could. Breakfast was delish. I totally can go on with quinoa and berries as breakfast (that and soft boiled egg whites that is) after this Reset. Nothing much going on except chillin' out with Andy at home the whole afternoon, until time to teach at 6:30p. My back was all right by then, I had plenty of energy, in fact I could not wait to exercise. At the end of the day, all I felt like eating was something small and refreshing. I wasn't that hungry thanks to the post workout snack. My last of the day ended up not being so small after all (packing lots of spinach on my plate), but it was something different and refreshing.

Starting the day...

Excited. It's Friday and I was nearing the end of the Reset. Not that I didn't enjoy the ride, which I do, a lot, it is the sense of accomplishment that's waiting on Sunday. Well, for now, concentrate on the day. Breakfast was sweet success. Adding more soymilk to the breakfast quinoa and using the finally ripened kiwis and strawberries.

[ View post on Facebook ]


The nice thing about waking up late is lunch time came by fast. Time to do fridge clean up. I thought about doing soup, but the day progressively getting warmer, so I decided on making Veggie Stir Fry and cooked my quinoa with cilantro and garlic. 



I made green juice again to sip throughout the day and prepared Purple Yam for post workout snack. The combination has been working well for me the past 3 weeks now.

[ View post on Facebook ]

You would think that I need a big dinner after workout so hard these past few days, but on the contrary, I was only feeling something refreshing for meal. May be it's the warm evening, but a simple salad of black tofu and black bean over spinach, drizzled with homemade Lemon Garlic dressings (just half a teaspoon, really) was more than enough. I ate so much spinach that night I could feel them on my teeth.


[ View post on Facebook ]


Time to hit the sack. On to day 20!.....






No comments:

Post a Comment