Fit Pantry - a Fit Foodie's thoughts, tips and recipe

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 12 - All Diet No Workout No Bueno

DAY TWELVE

  • Breakfast: Berries with Almonds and Cinnamon
  • Lunch: Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado and Tofu
  • Snack: Veggie juice
  • Dinner: Curried Quinoa with Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts on the side + Red Pepper Sweet Potato Bisque

Recap

I felt sleepy, sluggish and cranky. I attributed that to missing endorphin kick. You see, the same thing happened on day 11, although it was better yesterday because at least I got my workout in the evening. And I noticed that it improved my mood drastically for the remainder of the day. Today, however, I didn't have ANY workout whatsoever. I was trying to practice Body Combat moves for the training, but my brain and body had a different idea - the brain kept telling my body to drag itself to bed and sleep. Energy level was through the floor.

Starting the day...

Woke up feeling a little tired. breakfast started to feel monotonous. When will those kiwis ripen....

[ View post on Facebook ]


Lunch was better. Strawberry salad was yum! Here's a new thing I started doing to spinach in my salad: I slice them coarsely. Why? Let's just put it this way. It makes eating salad looks more civilized. I already use chopstick as it is. As for dressing, this salad didn't really need any thanks to ripe avocado and tofu, and fresh ground lemon black pepper.I took it a little further by roasting the cauliflower with garlic.

[ View post on Facebook ]


No workout means no extra calories burned. I didn't feel hungry at all. But I decided some green juice was in order, since I was feeling like either beating up somebody or comatose in the couch.

After that I started fiddling with dinner. I tried Southwestern spices, now decided I should do Thai Curry with quiona. Result was satisfying.  Another keeper. If you think I'm taking a shortcut with all these spices blends, well I am. Who got time and money these days to buy all different spices and blend them to the right amount?  Anyway, protein was mushroom and tofu, with sides of garlic sauted cauliflower and brussel sprouts. Oh and a small bowl of the Red Pepper Sweet Potato Bisque (still have leftover).

[ View post on Facebook ]


Since I still got crankier by the minute, Andy tucked me in early for the night.

On to day 13... Body Combat training weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment