Fit Pantry - a Fit Foodie's thoughts, tips and recipe

Sunday, July 28, 2013

7 Days to 626 Night Market. Are Your Ready? Am I ready?

It is one more week before my big day at the food fair. I am taking a huge step and a leap beyond my comfort zone. No longer cooking in the kitchen for just family and friends, I am daring myself to cook for the masses. 626NightMarket attracts more than 50,000 attendance just last month.

As a first timer official food vendor, this is my first and very challenging event. Tens and thousands of foodies will flock the Santa Anita Park this coming weekend and they will either love or hate my cooking. Whatever it is, I know my food is tasty. I know that I can't please everyone and for sure many will love it too. At the end of the day, I will make some mistakes, glitches happen, but experience will teach me to be better next time.

I aim to have fun and enjoy the experience. I love cooking. It is may passion. It is something I can feel in my veins, even as I'm pumping weights at the gym! :)

I have friends supports, family and loving husband behind me. And our goal is the same. We are going to have a blast out there. We are even planning something special! To give you a hint, it will last 3 min or less, involving music and some dance. Or punch and kicks ;) And it's going to happen on Aug 3, Saturday at 5pm. Sharp!

It is a bit daunting. The amount of preps to make, equipments to buy and borrow from friends. Amount of supplies to bring. Last week a couple of friends were helping me pulling a long evening making the fish balls. I appreciate and cherish the help given. It is a priceless gift one can ever receive. For that, my friends, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Until the event is wrapped up, it is not over yet. I still need to make the sauce :) Another busy time in the kitchen this week. I miss working out in the evening, yet at the same time, I am doing something I equally love.

I am ready. I can't wait for it. I am excited!! Yes, it will be tiring, I won't lie. And to those who already agreed to be part of my crew, LOL I hope they know what they are getting themselves into :P All the same, I am looking forward to have a fun time with them and sell a lot of fish balls ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment