Fit Pantry - a Fit Foodie's thoughts, tips and recipe

Saturday, May 9, 2015

BUR - Day 4: Ultimate Reset

Thursday mornings is usually when I teach Body Combat class, then sometimes, a few of us go for breakfast at the Panera cafe across from the gym. This time, no gym for me, but we (friends at gym) decided to use the time convenience to meet up for breakfast. Good thing about Panera, is their food selection is pretty healthy and not much different from what I would make at home. Um.. yes, I am not talking about the bread and pastries :)

At Panera, I ordered oatmeal, with condiments on the side. That means the blueberries, brown sugar and granolas on the side. I didn't use the brown sugar and granola only the berries with oatmeal. I also ordered cobb salad, minus the cheese and bacon. It comes with grilled chicken. I picked on the oatmeal, finished the berries and salad then took the rest of the oatmeal home (that would be my breakfast sometimes this week).

By "lunch" I was still full. We hang out until 12:30 there anyway, so there goes lunch and I went straight to snack time.

For snack, I made steamed yams. Mom brought 4 big ones to make Sayur Bening, a traditional soup I grew up with. Very simple and easy to make, using 1 type of root commonly found in Southeast Asia, called fingerroots. I steamed some and chopped off the rest into large cubes to prepare making the Sayur Bening that night. I was in a bit of a time crunch to cook the yams not because I was going to have it for dinner, but before they started sprouting.

Dinner was finishing the Chinese Herbal soup plus strawberries with green salad.




Steamed Yams with toasted coconut and cinnamon

Strawberry salad with balsamic vinegar


Chinese herbal soup





No comments:

Post a Comment